Most popular baby names in Japan for 2016

It has come to that time in my pregnancy when we are discussing baby names. As we did with Aiden, I wrote a list of names (mostly English names) that I like, and then passed it to Yoshi who is thinking about how they will sound in Japanese (along with the Japanese characters that we could use).
It is a hard process, especially with girls names it seems!

Anyway, in my searches I came across the top boy and girl Japanese names for 2016 here...

The top boy names are...
Haruto
Souta
Yuuto
Haruki
Sousuke
Riku
Yuma
Yuito
Aoi
Takumi

And the girls...
Hana
Sakura
Yui
Rio
Akari
Aoi
Koharu
Honoka
Ichika
Sana

Nothing too surprising there, but interesting that one name appears on both lists... Aoi.

*It seems that there are lots of different `popular names` lists out there, and I have already seen 4-5 with completely different names haha! Anyway it seems that the words for flora and fauna do seem popular (Hana = flower, Sakura = cherry blossom etc.)!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

English speaking waxing therapist in Osaka

Where can I breastfeed in Osaka?