The Anpanman Kids Museum in Kobe

The Anpanman Kids Museum in Kobe is the 4th one in Japan. It was built only recently, and up until now has been full of parents and kids almost every day of the week. 

We had no special plans yesterday, and since it was Yoshi`s day off, we ventured out to see what all the fuss was about. 

Aiden knows Anpanman by sight and by name, and has been pointing him out and naming him to us when he sees a picture (or snack, item of clothing, poster, train, medicine box, tv commercial etc..). He hasn`t watched the TV animation though, and isn`t too familiar with the other characters. I know Baikinman and Dokinchan, and a few others, but I`m not a fan by any means.

We figured it didn`t matter, and bought our tickets after waiting for only 2 other families in front of us.

OMG. 1500yen for each adult AND for each child (over 1yo). We hoped it would be amazing after paying almost 5,000yen for the three of us. A child`s ticket does include a small toy. The toy is changed regularly I believe, and this time we got a small clacker(?) musical instrument...

The `museum` was cute, but it was small. There were pictures and models of the Anpanman characters, there were slides and a few interactive things for kids to play with, and there was a very small outside area with balls to throw and kick around. There was a screening room where kids could watch the show on a big screen, and very little else.




We discovered that there is also an Anpanman themed shopping mall under the museum which is free to enter. This is where the live Anpanman shows take place, where you can buy omiyage (souvenirs) and eat themed Anpanman lunch complete with rice-balls, bread and other treats shaped like the characters from the show. We had some ベビーカステラ (sweet sponge cake snacks)...


My favorite part? The fact that the museum is right next to Mosaic Kobe and Umie Kobe (two large shopping malls) the latter of which is home to Zara, H&M, Old Navy, GAP and more. Woohoo!!

Aiden`s favorite part? The slides. We could have done that at the local park for free... but I suppose it was nice to see something new. I am almost completely positive we won`t be making a return visit however.

Have you been? What were your impressions?

Comments

  1. Hi Thanks for this review! I was thinking about taking my daughter there but now I'm not so sure, especially for 1,500 per person price tag!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn`t want to put anyone off... I am sure that if your child is a BIG Anpanman fan, it would be more fun! Also if you time your visit to coincide with the live character show in the shopping mall below it would make it a nice day out :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! Stopping by your blog for the first time ;)

    There's an Anpanman museum in Nagoya (where I live), and I was also surprised at the price! I assumed children under three would be free or something, but no. Haha. I guess it goes to show that everyone is willing to pay that much. My daughter is a huge fan (she's actually watching Anpanman now...) so I have to admit it was worth it just to see her face light up.

    Miwa @ www.cranesandclovers.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Franjapani,
    I took my son to the Sendai Anpanman Museum this summer, it looks exactly the same as the Kobe one. He had a ball as he is a big fan but we could only stay a short time. They had a 1,000 yen ticket offer on. I noticed that there were a lot of kids at the mall part to see Anpanman and enjoy the mall without going into the museum. I will probably do that the next time. That is the thing, little kids will enjoy an adventure playground as much as a premium attraction in the end. o.o/*

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Most popular baby names in Japan for 2016

English speaking waxing therapist in Osaka

Where can I breastfeed in Osaka?