Fathers` Day 2013

So after posting (here) about the great free resources to make a cute Fathers` Day handprint poster, Aiden and I headed off to the 100yen shop to buy paint and sponges, and I printed out the A4 page.


I also managed to find an A4 photo frame at the 100yen shop, so had everything I needed!! Easy peasy.

Here is the finished result... I think Yoshi loved it :)

I think we did it at the right time too, Aiden`s hands are growing bigger by the minute!!

I also made lasagna (one his favorites) for dinner, and cupcakes for dessert. Have to share the super simple recipe I found, and say they were delicious!

EASY CUPCAKES

  • 170g (6 oz) butter or margarine
  • 170g (6 oz) sugar
  • 3 eggs
  • 170g (6 oz) self-raising flour
That`s all you need !!

Then, 

Preheat the oven to 180 C / Gas 4. Line a muffin tin with paper cases.

Cream together margarine and sugar till light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating continuously. Sift in flour and mix gently

Spoon mixture into prepared muffin tin. Bake for 20 minutes (dependant on cake size) until golden brown and skewer comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.

I sprinkled them with a cinnamon sugar mix (which melted right into the warm cupcakes and made a nice crunchy topping), but of course you could melt chocolate on top, or frost them with your favorite mix.

Comments

  1. Hi Fran, the craft was adorable! Just a quick question, you mentioned in the recipe that you need self-raising flour, can you buy that in Japan?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emily. To be honest I am not sure about self-raising flour, so I just used regular flour and added some baking powder. They rose just fine!

      Delete
    2. OK, thanks Fran. I'm going to make them for the kids, I especially liked the idea about putting the cinnamon sugar mix on top! I like a bit of crunch :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Where can I breastfeed in Osaka?

Most popular baby names in Japan for 2016

Big news!