The first birthday party!

Phew! This week has been crazy busy as I started my new part time job and also made preparations for Aiden (and his cousin Mone)`s first birthday party. It was Aiden`s 1st birthday on April 8th and it is Mone`s 1st birthday on the 18th, so we celebrated together.


We held the party at Yoshi`s big brother`s house (right next door) and the guests were... Yoshi`s mum, big brother (and his wife, 2 sons and daughter - Mone), big sister (and her husband and their 2 daughters), little brother (and his wife and son), and a family friend.


I was in charge of decorations and made...


A paper flag banner (using origami paper, cellotape and string)


A balloon garland (using balloons and string)


A Happy Birthday banner (I bought from the 100yen shop)


A DIY piñata (using a paper lantern and lots of origami paper, string, cellotape). I got my inspiration from this one... 


but used colorful paper...


2 birthday posters (I made them on the computer, printed them out, and stuck them to card)




I also bought lots of animal themed party goods (napkins, paper plates, paper cups etc)


Most of the party food came from Costco and included a huge cake, chicken, sushi, lasagna, salad, beef and mini quiches. Yum yum!


My party outfit was my new Modcloth dress and a pair of turquoise tights(カラータイツ). I was way more dressed up than anyone else, but it was a rare chance for me to wear something other than jeans, so I didn't care at all!


Aiden`s party outfit was this cute ONE teeshirt I bought from this Etsy store and pants I got from Akasugu.


Aiden got LOTS of presents from his Japanese family, so I will add them to the previous post about presents.


Unfortunately because I was so busy taking care of Aiden, I didn't get any pictures from the party... How do other mums manage this?? I hope one of Yoshi`s brothers got some nice ones!!


Great fun party :)

Comments

  1. What a fab party you put together for Aiden! Love that pinata.

    I have that Modcloth dress in two colours, love the waist!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Most popular baby names in Japan for 2016

English speaking waxing therapist in Osaka

Where can I breastfeed in Osaka?