This week

Nothing much noteworthy has been happening recently, so here are just a few small highlights from the last week or so...


Met up with my friend K for lunch on Monday; we went to Butterfly cafe (バタフライ) in OIOI department store (Namba) and had the most vegetabley vegetable curry I think I have ever seen.  





I was shocked to see a vege curry with more than a few bits of potato in it! It was colorful and chock-a-block full of at least 10 different kinds of veges. I wish I had taken a picture, but I forgot, so I stole one from the website...


  
It came with a small salad and a drink too.


Aiden tried sitting in a real high chair and seemed to like it (for about 10 minutes), just long enough for me to finish my lunch!




On Wednesday day I tried one of the new Haagen Dazs winter ice-creams. Named `Caramel walnuts` (キャラメルウォールナッツ), and released on November 7th, it certainly didn't disappoint, with lots of chunky walnuts and ribbons of sweet, sticky caramel throughout. Yum!




Yoshi had two days off this week, and we spent the first running errands, and a yummy dinner at Namba parks. We ate at 広東炒飯店(カントンチャーハンテン)Kanton Cha-han ten, a good stone-fried-rice restaurant on the 6th floor.


The second day was fun too, and it started off with burgers! I had read about a great burger shop in Nishinomiya (called Awajishima Burger) and since Yoshi and I both like burgers, we decided to give it a go. The burgers were juicy and the sauce was great, so they didn`t disappoint at all. The shop is tiny (only seats 6 people) and there was no music playing, so the atmosphere was a bit boring, but if you are in the neighborhood, it would be a good place for lunch.


After lunch we went to Nishinomiya Gardens (a big shopping mall) to take some pictures for this year`s 年賀状 nengajo (New Years card). The details are secret for now hehe, but I`m sure it will be super cute!



Comments

  1. Ooh I was eyeing up those new Haagen Dazs flavours at the combini earlier this week. Had to stop myself buying them as it was 8.30 in the morning ;) Can't wait to see Aiden's outfit for the nengajo ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mouth is watering! That curry, and mmm caramel ice cream. And Aiden... nom nom nom.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Most popular baby names in Japan for 2016

Maternity clothing in Japan

English speaking waxing therapist in Osaka