Happy 6 month birthday baby Aiden!!
So here is what he can already do;
- roll over, back to front and front to back.
- sit unsupported for a few minutes.
- drag himself along the floor in an army-style crawl.
- laugh out loud.
- wriggle around.
- babble (loudly!)
- look for (and try to pick up dropped toys).
- look at himself in the mirror and smile.
- stand up when supported by someone.
Here are some things he doesn`t do yet;
- cry with real tears... he cries, a lot, but no tears yet (his eyes aren`t dry exactly, but tears don`t collect or roll down his cheeks).
- pull himself up to a sitting position.
- want to eat food.
- have any teeth (still seems to be teething, but nothing else).
- blow bubbles or `razz`
He is a very social baby and loves to talk to people (especially other kids). He loves jumping in the jolly jumper and walking/rolling around the living room in the walker. He still hates to lie down on his back and will quickly flip over to his tummy given the chance (this makes diaper changes rather challenging). He hasn`t started to raise his arms when he wants to be picked up, so I am trying to teach him the sign for `up`. It has only been a week, but he smiles a lot when I sign it for him, and say `up up` before picking him up.
We tried giving him soft steamed rice mixed with breast milk around his 5 month birthday, and he didn`t want any part of it. Since then he hasn`t started to become interested in food, although the two times I ate a piece of melon last month, he tried to grab it and suck on it.
We tried giving him soft steamed rice mixed with apple sauce today and he still wasn`t keen. But I will try again tomorrow. It seemed like he was more able to swallow things this time, so maybe he just needs more practice.
Sleep is the biggest problem of all, but I won`t write about that today... just thinking about how little sleep I get makes me tired, so ...
Aiden truly is a great baby and the past 6 months have been a lot of fun. I am so looking forward to the next 6 months, as his personality will shine even more, he might start eating, standing, and walking, and hopefully sleeping a bit more too!
Love you baby Aiden xx