Tuesday`s news

In today`s news, explosions and leakages at Japan`s nuclear power plants have caused over 140,000 people to be stuck inside their homes. I am so confused about all the news that is coming out about the nuclear disaster... Is it safe, or isn`t it? Should we panic, or shouldn`t we? Are the current levels dangerous to health now or in the future? Who knows what is going on, and who can we trust?

I want to cry and scream and hide inside, but know that isn`t good for anyone!

In other news, today I am officially 37 weeks pregnant!

In medical terms, that means my son is fully developed (staying inside a little longer will be beneficial to his immune system) but will continue gaining weight until his birthday. He could be born at any time from now!!

The biggest change I have noticed (no pre-labor symptoms yet) is a lack of sleep. No matter what position I am in, I am uncomfortable, and if I do manage to fall asleep, parts of my body weighed down by my belly become numb or crampy... This could have something to do with one amazing fact; at 37 weeks pregnant, a woman`s uterus has expanded to 1000x its normal volume! aaaaagh!

I also get really hot when I do manage to sleep, and wake up drenched in sweat... eww!

I will have my next check up at the hospital on Thursday, so will let you know how that goes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Most popular baby names in Japan for 2016

English speaking waxing therapist in Osaka

Where can I breastfeed in Osaka?