Happy Valentine`s Day


HAPPY VALENTINE`S DAY

These are the giri-choco (obligatory chocolate) I gave to Yoshi`s 2 brothers, 1 brother-in-law, and staff at his company...

メリーチョコレート Mary`s chocolate


Here are the cute chocolates I gave to Yoshi`s nephews (the ones who are old enough to eat chocolate)...

チョコエイド Choco-Aid


And here is what I am going to make (after waddling home from my Japanese lesson this morning) for Yoshi. He is not a big fan of just chocolate, and I am poor and cannot afford to buy anything too fancy, so I thought these looked great on the blog / recipe site I came across...


I think I may have talked about Valentine`s Day in Japan before, so sorry to be repeating myself. It is a bit different than back home, where boys and girls give choccies and flowers to the ones they love. Here, girls give honmei-choco chocolates to their boyfriends/husbands/lovers, and also giri-choco to their dads, brothers, male colleagues and friends.

Recently some girls also buy expensive chocolates for themselves as a special treat!

On March 14th (a month after Valentine`s day), men are supposed to repay the kindness of all the women in their lives by buying cookies, jewelry and other gifts (which in theory should be 2-3 times more expensive than the chocolates they received a month before). This day is known as White Day ホワイトデー and is also celebrated in South Korea and Taiwan.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Most popular baby names in Japan for 2016

English speaking waxing therapist in Osaka

Where can I breastfeed in Osaka?