30 weeks

Wow, I cannot believe that I am already in my 30th week of pregnancy and possibly have less than 10 weeks to go!

Friday - week 30


I am 3/4 of the way!!! And finally, even when I am wearing clothes (which of course is always!!) people notice that I am pregnant. I don`t just look `FAT` anymore!

Throughout my pregnancy I have continued daily life as normal which of course in Japan means taking the train. In the last 10 days, 2 women have offered me their seats on the train - first time ever! I am surprised not only at their kindness to `pregnant Fran`, but also to `foreign Fran`! Very very happy!

I have been enjoying my slow paced life, catching up with friends, going to Maternity Yoga and shopping for all the things that my little boy will need. I am constantly surprised at the cost of necessary baby goods and just how much is required to bed, bathe and feed a tiny human!

Yesterday Yoshi had his one-day-a-week off and we went to Babies R Us to buy a few things on my list. We got a mattress for the baby bed / cot and a diaper pail (a fancy rubbish bin to throw away dirty diapers / nappies).

I am very interested in cloth diapering and once I get used to all the diaper changes, I think that I will change over to cloth diapers. I have done a lot of research and think that they are cheaper, cuter and much better for the environment. The only possible downside is all the washing and some must be washed in hot water which is impossible (because all washing machines use cold water) here in Japan.

So what`s new with the tiny one at 30 weeks?

The baby's height and weight haven't changed much in the past week, but the big news is his brain gain. Until now, the surface of the baby's brain was smooth. Now, his brain is taking on those characteristic grooves and indentations. The reason for this change in appearance? Those wrinkles allow for an increased amount of brain tissue — a necessary change as he prepares for life outside your womb, and the street smarts he or she will need.

(from whattoexpect.com)


Comments

  1. Hi Fran,

    Oh, now I can realize he is getting bigger :D Maybe that's why you were offered the seat, because sometimes it is hard to realize the pregnancy... can be rude if not... you know. But I look for the badge in that case!

    Anyways, my washing machine uses hot (or warm) water. Maybe it is because of the tap it's connected?!

    Take care!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Most popular baby names in Japan for 2016

Maternity clothing in Japan

English speaking waxing therapist in Osaka