What does 2011 hold for Japan?
2. Portable Beauty Products – Does not bode well for the success of Tokyo Metro’s poster campaign.
4. Fishing Equipment – it seems that `back to nature` continues to be of interest to urbanites.
6. Notepad Sized Tablets – following the success of iPad in Japan.
7. Raw Natural Product Based Cosmetics – this trend is apparently imported from Korea.
8. Nissan Leaf, and Electric Car Conversions.
9. Vending Machines that Proactively Sell – and may even replace conbini (convenience store) staff.
10. Shoes that Aid Body Toning on Commute – Another import, this one from the US.
* Interestingly, the top 10 products of 2010, were...
1. Chilli oil condiments
2. 3D Movies
4. Premium Roll Cakes
7. Low Priced LED Lightbulbs
8. Microwaveable Pre-Grilled Salmon Steaks
9. Harinacs Stapleless Stapler