I am feeling better :)

Hi all,

Sorry I didn`t do a
`10 things that make me smile Sunday` post yesterday. To be honest, I wasn`t feeling all that smiley, after a 3-week bout of nausea culminating in a horror night of vomiting, followed by 3 days of no appetite and the complete inability to sleep.

The cause? `maybe it is a stomach cold? or maybe it is the Noro virus?` (the doctor suggested, after waiting at the hospital for 2 and 1/2 hours).

Anyway, I am on the mend, helped tremendously by my new discovery; porridge.




Of course, it isn`t really new, by anyone`s standards, even my own, as it got me through almost 2 decades of winters before I left New Zealand.

In Japan however, for some unknown reason, yesterday (Valentine`s Day) was the first time I ever thought to make porridge in Japan!
And it worked wonders. All soft and warm and sweet and nourishing. Tasted just like home.

Yesterday I ate porridge with a tiny sprinkling of brown sugar and cold fresh milk.
I don`t really like milk but had some in the fridge after making Valentine`s day goodies for Yoshi and his brothers.

-> Oh yes,
HAPPY VALENTINE`S DAY everyone !

Today I found some of my favorite things - soy milk, bananas and cinnamon sugar (which is just a blend of cinnamon and sugar - funny that) and added them to my porridge!


Super delicious and highly recommended for anyone who is feeling sad, lonely, cold or nauseous over this long winter.

Comments

  1. oh no! i had something similar recently. it sucks. take care of yourself and keep warm :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Most popular baby names in Japan for 2016

English speaking waxing therapist in Osaka

Packing your maternity hospital bag in Japan