Action Plan

The first day of a new month is always a great time to start new things, or things that you have been putting off for a while.

Today, August 1st, is a Saturday, so it is even easier to start doing things without work getting in the way!

I always read the blog of a very cool Aussie girl living here in Japan. She is a hoop dancer amongst other things, and has suggested that August 1st be the start of Hoop Boot Camp (http://sushizume.com/2009/08/01/day-1-hoop-boot-camp-action/)! I hula hoop from time to time and have to admit that my cute purple and silver hoop is gathering dust, so I will take her advice and pick it up today...



Another thing which I want to start doing today is laser hair removal. I have met so many women in Japan who swear by this procedure, some of whom have it done over their entire bodies. I met one girl who started having it done on her 26th birthday in the hope that she would be `hair-free` by her 28th birthday!!

Apparently, blond hair cannot be removed by lasers which means my arms (which I wouldn`t have done anyway) and legs are out of the question ... However, other body parts (e.g. armpits) tend to have darker hair, so it should be ok. I will let you know how it goes (if I can even get past reception with my limited japanese language ability remains to be seen). Ok, well I went and they were so busy I had to make an appointment for next Saturday - so will update again then. So far so good!

Comments

  1. I started the laser hair removal a year ago. Now I think I should have done it years ago!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I am so excited to try it, and I am sure the results will be great. I am going to a salon called Musee Platinum. I think it is pretty famous and reasonably priced!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just checked the price! Yes! It is pretty reasonably priced!!! I mean, usually it costs 9800yen for 2 years. But as for armpits, like you say, the hair is darker, so you might not need that long, so 4-times(1-year)-plan is great ;) Did you find the store by yourself?! It is better if someone introduced you because some stores don't treat nicely. I've been to many stores and realized it. But we Japanese are nice to foreigners, so I believe you don't have to worry about that ;) You know what I mean! Ha-ha!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Most popular baby names in Japan for 2016

English speaking waxing therapist in Osaka

Packing your maternity hospital bag in Japan